All FISHING IS CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY
Catch a Barra or hook a Grunter! – The big game pond at the Australian Platypus park is fully stocked with Barcoo Grunter and Barramundi – fish just for the aspiring fisher-person.
Fishing at the Australian Platypus Park is a fun activity for all ages from 5 up, and as part of the recreational nature of the park, all the fishing is catch and release only.
- Minimum age: 5 years
- All children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No private bait to be used.
- You may bring your own fishing equipment but you have to use a float and only a barbless #2 long shank hook. If you do not have any, you can purchase them from the Smokehouse Café.
- All fish must be returned to the water immediately.
- No Fish to be mistreated. Anyone mistreating fish will be asked to leave immediately – no refunds.
- No Fish to be removed from the property.
- People overstaying their allotted time will be charged an additional $25 per person.
- No Food or Drink allowed unless purchased from the Smokehouse Café.
|Fishing (2 hour session)||$25 per person|
|Rod Hire||$8 per rod|
|Bait||$2.50 per bag|
|Burley||$2.50 per tub|
|Refundable Equipment Deposit (cash only)|
|One Set – Rod and Reel||$30|
|Two Sets – Rods and Reels||$35|
|Three Sets – Rods and Reels||$40|
|Four Sets – Rods and Reels||$45|
|Charge for Damaged Equipment|